Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited holes not recognised in drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daniel.wikmanQZUM9
74 Views, 3 Replies

Inherited holes not recognised in drawings

Hi there,

I have a part B that inherits from another part A, both of which have holes (threaded and non-threaded) created within in file.

When creating a drawing for part B, the holes inherited from part A are not recognised in the drawing. i.e. not shown in hole table or hole/thread note.

Is this information completely lost when doing so or is there a fix/check box i may be missing?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @daniel.wikmanQZUM9 

Are you inserting the file with the holes into a new design, or deriving the file into a new design?

Please share a downloadable link to your 2D drawing (it will automatically include all the files), or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com 

Message 3 of 4

Hi Clint,

I am deriving the part in a new design and adding additional features to it. Can share the file later today if necessary.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @daniel.wikmanQZUM9 

Unfortunately, holes in the derived component will not come through in drawings, as the derive does not carry these features forward.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums