Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a file with 13 components. The 13th component in the list vanishes if I try to edit the sketch in the 12th component.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dirtymoleHMAUG
129 Views, 4 Replies

I have a file with 13 components. The 13th component in the list vanishes if I try to edit the sketch in the 12th component.

I have a project with 13 components nested under the top component in a file. The 13th component in the list vanishes if I try to edit the sketch in the 12th component.  All of the components have just one simple sketch with circles and squares.  Maybe 3 to 6 circles and squares in each sketch.  

So I am going to try to move some of to a different editable file if that is what you call it.  Will that fix the problem?   Anyway I will find out.  When you have the ***editable/read only*** button is that what is called a file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@dirtymoleHMAUG wrote:

I have a project with 13 components nested under the top component in a file. The 13th component in the list vanishes if I try to edit the sketch in the 12th component.  All of the components have just one simple sketch with circles and squares.  Maybe 3 to 6 circles and squares in each sketch.  

So I am going to try to move some of to a different editable file if that is what you call it.  Will that fix the problem?   Anyway I will find out.  When you have the ***editable/read only*** button is that what is called a file?

Yes, this behavior is expected, assuming that the components are all local to a single design.  Sketch edit "rolls back" the timeline to the time when the sketch was created.

Yes, moving Component13 to a separate design (external component), will solve this "problem" (which is not a problem), because its timeline will be in a different design.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5

@dirtymoleHMAUG 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 4 of 5

OK wow that was not expected to be so easy,  thanks.  That means my method of laying this out is somehow wrong. So I need to rethink how I do this.   What I was doing was just putting my parts together in one file.   For example this is a plasma cutter project.  And I have a few holes that need to be cut to put the pieces in the holes.  So for a LED panel mount,  I needed the size of the threads to cut a hole for mounting the LED.  And the size of the bigger part of the LED to see how it fits, so a circle inside of a circle.  And then the hexagon nut to hold the LED to the panel.  So those three are all I need for the LED.  The hole (circle) for the threads are normal lines,  and the other 2 just need to be construction lines so I can see how it fits. 

But back to the question of what I did wrong.  Since I don't need a timeline for this extremely simple parts file, should I delete the timeline?  This is basically my parts file.  Nothing is put together in this file.  Basically it could be a template for the parts to be assembled in my assembly file,  when I get to that point which I am very close.  So without the timeline would this behavior of deleting my 13th component stop?  Not sure how to delete the timeline either.  

Message 5 of 5

@dirtymoleHMAUG 
Can you File>Export your *.f3d (or •.f3z) file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report