Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to subtract arc from sheet metal piece?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mark_w_sennotttinkercad
158 Views, 3 Replies

How to subtract arc from sheet metal piece?

Newbie here - I've created a sheet metal piece and the last step I want to do is round some corners. I drew an arc that intersects with the two edges and I can select the piece I now want to remove, but neither delete nor trim work to get rid of it. You can see the section highlighted below that I want to remove. What am I missing?

Screenshot 2023-06-13 093853.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Probably you want to use Extrude, Cut to remove the section. 

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

Updated with file. Also, your suggestion to do a cut extrude worked great. 

Marking this as resolved.

Message 4 of 4

As I mentioned in my first post, Extrude Cut will do the job for you.  Model attached.

Cut.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report