Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable auto update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
troydjEPMYB
344 Views, 5 Replies

How to disable auto update

How can we disable automatic updates?

Why should we be inconvenienced by automatic updates that invariably break previously working functionality almost at every update? We should have the option of staying on a stable release rather than having automatic updates causing issues and delays in our projects. In my opinion if I am not interested or won't utilize new functionality or features in new releases then I should not be forced to update. I have been blocked for the past few days because Fusion 360 Electronics integration with Library.io has stopped working. This was also reported by another user several days ago with no response or solution from the support team.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wmhazzard
in reply to: troydjEPMYB

There is no way to stop auto updates, they say everyone has to be on the same version for the cloud. 

Message 3 of 6
kajick
in reply to: troydjEPMYB

Unfortunately, looks like autodesk doesn't understand that they have taken a simple to use CAD/CAM program and are just making it worse and worse. I've been a subscriber for many years, CAM mostly, and all if I look at what it was like 5 years ago and what it is today. Its more fancy looking, way more clicking than before for the same result, LESS features due to them moving to expensive extensions. No improvements really. They fix bugs that they released in a previous update... and now there are more and more "scheduled maintenance down times" which make me even more unhappy. 
Since they won't give us a feature to roll something back or stop at a certain update, or just plain allow us to choose if we wish to update or not. I am considering other CAM software already and unfortunately the other option I would have considered to buy is also owned by autodesk so I have to skip PowerMill.

Im sure there are others who feel the same way. 

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: kajick

We're very much aware of how forced updates impact our users and are working on a solution that addresses this issue. Stay tuned for a future update where this is better addressed!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6
kajick
in reply to: seth.madore

How long do we need to wait for these updates, tbh my subscription ends in a few months and I am already looking heavily into Esprit, MasterCam and recently Hypermill because of our plan to get some 5 axis machining going in the near future. Patience is running low for us who use it for CAM heavily. One more year maybe but if you don't do some major changes for the CAM community I can guarantee that you will see an increase in sub cancelations from power users who are long time customers. There is only so mane new customers you'll be able to acquire before people realize this isn't working for them and Autodesk isn't there to be a long term partner.

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: kajick

@kajick wrote:

How long do we need to wait for these updates, tbh my subscription ends in a few months and I am already looking heavily into Esprit, MasterCam and recently Hypermill because of our plan to get some 5 axis machining going in the near future. Patience is running low for us who use it for CAM heavily. One more year maybe but if you don't do some major changes for the CAM community I can guarantee that you will see an increase in sub cancelations from power users who are long time customers. There is only so mane new customers you'll be able to acquire before people realize this isn't working for them and Autodesk isn't there to be a long term partner.

Uh...Ok..what exactly are we still missing in CAM? This is an honest question, as I have my own pain points. I'm curious what yours are. We've recently added a few ModuleWorks toolpaths, both geared to MultiAxis use. Steep and Shallow and several other toolpaths are getting MultiAxis functionality... there's more toolpaths to come as well.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report