Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cut components to required lengths

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tsopkow_rfs
136 Views, 3 Replies

how to cut components to required lengths

I have a manufacture supplied model of a DIN rail that I use in my manufacturing.  I purchase the DIN rail in 8 ft lengths and cut sizes I need from this length.  The model that was supplied to me is an 8 ft length.  What is the best approach to "cut" this model to the length needed in my designs?

I have included the design of the part and for example I need a 24" length.

Thanks

Terry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: tsopkow_rfs

Do you care is the cut falls across a din rail slot?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: tsopkow_rfs

You did not answer my question so I will go with a NO answer.  The method I outline in the video will allow you to keep the original din rail in your library and insert it into an assembly and chop it off as needed.  You can repeat this for other assemblies and maintain your original component.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
tsopkow_rfs
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks John, that is exactly what I am looking for.  I am sorry I wasn't able to answer your question, but your assumption was correct.

Terry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report