Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cutout a angle in 3d extrusion?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
digitalhomeserviceswa
268 Views, 7 Replies

How do you cutout a angle in 3d extrusion?

Hi all, I'm having trouble cutting out an angled shape in a 3d extrusion. I created a shape in the sketch (3d) that has an angle and then performed an extrusion. Now on that angle that's now a 3d block, I want to again create an angle that I want to cutout of the 3d block. I place a new ketch plane where I want to draw the angle and then extrude (cutout) on that plane but each time I do so it's not following my angle. It always cuts out at  90 degrees from the drawn line. 

I'm stuck. Hope someone can help me. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Need a file, pic or movie to understand your problem.

Message 3 of 8

Hi all please see images below hope that helps to understand what I'm after. Cheers

Message 4 of 8

Use the Sweep Tool.

Profile to cut is the triangle you have selected already.

Path is the blue line, but it can not be a construction line, change it to Normal Line.

Might help....

Message 5 of 8

Sweeping tool! Awesome Dave but still got an issue at the bottom where it won't cutout. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 8

I figured it out mate. I had to create another sketch plane and draw another line and do another sweep to continue the cutout. Cheers mate much appreciate it.

Message 7 of 8

here's my final image with the completed cutout.

Message 8 of 8

Or the Path line was too high, and should be longer, to cover the complete cut.

Might help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report