Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show plane names on my design sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
markwhitnell
92 Views, 2 Replies

How do I show plane names on my design sketch

I transistioned from Onshape, how do I show the plane names on design sketch so I know what the different planes are?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: markwhitnell

Welcome to Fusion.

At this time Fusion doesn't use text labels on the sketch planes themselves while sketching. Instead that information is shown with symbolic representations such as the view cube, which has XYZ labels, and the component origin marker, which has colored axis, and then the browser representation of that origin.

PhilE_0-1711492951894.png

When you are sketching, a sketch grid will display on the plane you have chosen to sketch on.

Glad to discuss more questions if you have any! If you haven't seen this yet, there are some onboarding tutorials in the self-paced learning site. You can find it on the help menu under learning and documentation.

PhilE_1-1711493136397.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi Phil,

Even if the (no longer available) add-in MST sketchtools does not label the planes, you have a good way of displaying their names and highlighting the source in the browser at the same time.

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report