Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Fix This Fillet?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
glencandle
261 Views, 8 Replies

How Do I Fix This Fillet?

I have this object, which isn't perfectly square.  I want to round the edges, but no matter what I do the fillet gets all wonky.  

Is there a way to achieve a perfectly rounded edge without the gap circled below?

Screenshot 2023-10-27 160303.jpgScreenshot 2023-10-27 160332.jpg

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@glencandle 

Is something like the Attached what you are after?

Do you have a picture of something similar that already exists in the real world?

Message 3 of 9

Thank you for this, it is a lot better an option that what I was seeing. 

I've opened your project file and it look like you were doing the same thing I was doing, but your result is different. 

Any idea why?

Message 4 of 9

@glencandle 

Do you have a picture of something similar to what you are attempting to model from the real world?

Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately there is not, to my knowledge.  But here is a mockup I made in Blender to illustrate what I'm after.  Notice how the bevel is consistent around the corners, where Fusion wants to do more of a rolling effect.

BLENDER:
untitled.jpg

FUSION:

Screenshot 2023-10-30 162845.jpg

Is it possible to achieve the Blender look in Fusion?

Message 6 of 9

@glencandle 

Maybe this one?

Message 7 of 9

Yeah, with a finish that should work! 

Thank you, didn't even think to apply the fillet in stages.  Makes perfect sense.

Cheers 😉

Message 8 of 9

So I actually just encountered another snag and once again I'm stumped.

I don't actually want the diagonal edge along each side to be beveled (refer to my Blender reference above).  But when I try and recreate what you've done it won't work unless I bevel that edge.  I've tried to bevel that area in different sequences but I can't get it to work.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 105659.jpg

Any suggestions?

Message 9 of 9

I also  just realized, using this solution, that the edges are now coming out with a curve, where they should be straight.

With Bevel:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 110929.jpg

Without:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 111146.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report