Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I figure out circumferance

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
oxicottin
144 Views, 4 Replies

How do I figure out circumferance

Hello, Im VERY new and trying to duplicate the attached .stl file but in a different size I need. The vertical tube part pops onto a 16mm pole perfectly but I need it to pop onto a 22mm pole. How do I figure out the exact cercomference of the tube(s) Vertical and Horizontal so I can try and recreate this bracket? I need to know how much larger diameter so I can just add that difference to 22mm correct? As for the horizontal ones I just need the cercomference they wont change in diameter. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: oxicottin

@oxicottin 

Sketch is your friend (and the assumption that the original designer used nice simple numbers...)

TheCADWhisperer_0-1704211415129.png

Are you running free personal license or student license or paid commercial license?

Message 3 of 5
oxicottin
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Whats the circumferance of the horizontal ones? and how in the heck did you do that? I inserted as a mesh but cant figure out how to get dementions. And what do you mean "Sketch"? Im running a free licence.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: oxicottin

@oxicottin wrote:

And what do you mean "Sketch"?

I recommend that you go through the built in Tutorials first and become a master of Sketching in Fusion before anything else.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1704212166848.png

You can also simplify the mesh model...

TheCADWhisperer_0-1704212132489.png

BTW - I think you want Diameter rather than Circumference (but we can get that too). 

Message 5 of 5
oxicottin
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer  I got this far changing to 22mm, how do I square out the bottom?

22mm High CFM v1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report