Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy my preferences between machines?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mlitzkow
135 Views, 2 Replies

How can I copy my preferences between machines?

I had Fusion crash last night and then it wouldn't restart and then I ended up reinstalling it. Now I'm faced with a completely default set of preferences. I had a lot of customizations in there that have been accumulated over years, so it's hard to reproduce all that. However, I have a laptop with Fusion on it, and my preferences are still good there. Is there some sensible way to copy those preferences from my laptop to my main machine? Runinng Fusion on both machines side-by-side and copying everything by hand would seem like the worst case scenario, but it's worse than that. License restrictions prevent me from running on two machines simultaneously. I suppose I could screenshot every page on one machine and then copy by hand to the other one. Is there a better way?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: mlitzkow

Take a look at message #6 in the post.  Be cautious, create a backup of the existing file before replacing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
mlitzkow
in reply to: mlitzkow

Very nice - thank you! That's exactly the information I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums