Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! MacBook to Windows 10 Pro Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
546 Views, 10 Replies

HELP! MacBook to Windows 10 Pro Problem

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!

((New to forum so please,  no mocking or laughing at my lack of technical speak!))

NHS nurse here, taken up Fusion360 as hobby back in 2018.

So, the issue……..

Since starting using fusion360 in 2018, I enjoyed it and undertook multiple projects, me and my SpaceMouse!  But in 2019, my 2010 ancient MacBook gave up on me. Since then, I was forced to use it limitedly on my iPad Pro. 

Three weeks ago, I finally finished saving up for this laptop:

£2,300 HP ZBook Fury 17 G7 17.3” 4K Mobile Workstation with i7 & AMD Radeon:trade_mark: Pro W5500M laptop on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (my new baby)

This was purchased purely so I could use Fusion and it would have the power to run the software smoothly without crashing, glitching or struggling which is what my MacBook eventually started to do before it no longer could even click the mouse before it would load for 20 mins. 

Anyway, I downloaded Fusion straight away, logged in with my existing account that was previously on my MacBook, then limitedly on my iPad pro but from the get go it was glitchy, jumpy and when I opened my existing projects, they looked ‘off’ and would open externally in my chrome browser instead of the Fusion App??

Here’s the things I’ve tried according to my limited knowledge and amateur Google searches:

- Downloaded AMD software update

- Started BIOS to try and switch to other graphics card 

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Fusion

- Selecting graphics card to run at High Performance in Windows 10 Pro settings 

- Multiple restarts

- Disabling firewalls and anti virus 

ALL UNSUCCESSFUL 

Even inside Fusion App when you can click the side bar and see what the graphics are running on, it was initially jumping between the two graphics cards (intel and AMD) but since selecting ‘High Performance’ in the laptops display settings, it now remains on the desired AMD GPU. 

I had zero issues installing and using Fusion on the old MacBook originally and even on the limited version for my iPad Pro. So why is a £2,400 laptop causing so many issues, yet a 2010 MacBook in 2018 installed and ran it without complication until the memory got too full? I feel like the new laptop is conflicting with something. 

As it’s virtually brand new, I will tell you what other software I have installed myself:

- Unreal Engine by Epic

- 3D Connexions for SpaceMouse 

Other things I feel may be important:

When I upload original projects off my iPads Fusion stirage, onto my Google drive to get it onto my laptop, the file looks like it’s corrupted yet when I open it again on the iPad, it’s perfectly fine. Is this a graphics issue? Did I corrupt by using GDrive? What is going on?

Can anyone PLEASE help me not lose out on spending so much money as my timeframe on being able to get my money back on the laptop is running out. If I can’t use Fusion on here, no point in having this laptop.

My Fusion licence is ALSO due to expire in 21 days! Could this also be causing an issue - although I know this is far fetched?

Please help guys!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!

((New to forum so please,  no mocking or laughing at my lack of technical speak!))

Even inside Fusion App 

Start Fusion 360 without opening any old files.

Shift Wis S to grab screen capture of what you see.

Reply to this thread and  Ctrl v to Paste the screen capture image here so that we can see what you see.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

I’ve attached screen shots of when first opening F360 and a video of opening it and what it does

Message 4 of 11
TheCADWhisperer

The jpeg is really poor quality.

As an experiment click on this image - does it appear high resolution?

TheCADWhisperer_0-1624896251423.png

I am particularly interested in the upper corners of the screen.

Particular Interest.png

Also, I do not have codec to see the video.

Can you use Autodesk Screencast Recorder instead?

Message 5 of 11
TrippyLighting

I don't see anything unusual in the video. Fusion 360 takes a while to open.

The only thing I m noticing is that the icons in Fusion 360's user interface look a little large in comparison to the Windows specific icons. That might be perfectly fine and simply have to do with your specific screen resolution etc.

As @TheCADWhisperer has already suggested, I would also try to design something from scratch and see how Fusion 360 behaves. The hardware is more than capable of running Fusion 360.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you are saying, however, you should not have to go through any google drive "stuff".

Fusion 360 stores all of your models in the cloud on Amazon AWS servers. Once you open Fusion 360 on another computer and log in with your credentials, you should be able to see all of your projects and open them.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hello Friend

As you can see from attached screenshots, the projects are opening fine in limited iPad Pro fusion app but as soon as I open them on my laptop Fusion app; they look corrupted whether they stay opened in the App itself. But 99% of projects are opening externally in my browser. Even if I right-click the project in Demo Project panel and select 'create in Fusion', it uploads and still looks like that. Fusions' sample projects open up looking perfect, they just glitch when you move them, then take time to catch up.

The grey glitching you can see on one of the uploaded screenshots is another issue. It goes grey in sections until the screen loads, again taking a second to catch up.

I am using a 3D Connexions Spacemouse and this now starting to fail to respond every now and again after working fine since bringing it back out to use on my new laptop. Was working perfectly find until then.

To me, its like something is conflicting with the Fusion software. How is it that an old 2010 MacBook worked ok until there wasnt enough memory to run Fusion anymore? Now I have a professional laptop and too many problems? Aaaaaaargh!

I even tried downloading Autodesks 'Maya' software which runs beautifully WITH the Spacemouse, with NO glitches?

This is what project supposed to look like (off ipad)This is what project supposed to look like (off ipad)This is how some open on Fusion or the open like this in browserThis is how some open on Fusion or the open like this in browser

Message 7 of 11
HughesTooling

The images in Fusion are of meshes, all the files in the data panel show as STL files. What you see in Fusion is correct for a mesh file. Did you save any designs as f3d or save directly to your hub?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
HughesTooling

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Friend

But 99% of projects are opening externally in my browser. Even if I right-click the project in Demo Project panel and select 'create in Fusion', it uploads and still looks like that. Fusions' sample projects open up looking perfect, they just glitch when you move them, then take time to catch up.

The files that open in the browser are uploaded STL files, not native Fusion designs. Did you create these originally in Fusion?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

they look fine

downloaded screencast but when i click record, an error message states it cannot as 'target window not responding'

Message 10 of 11
HughesTooling

There's a n article here about performance problems with high res displays. don't know if that might be the problem.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
TheCADWhisperer

Everything looks fine to me in this image.

You have opened an stl file.  That is what stl files look like.

What is in this folder.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1625084009445.png

Double click on that folder.

My wager is that your Fusion files (not stl files) are in that HOA folder.

For your 3D Connexion device - did you click on Calibrate?

TheCADWhisperer_1-1625084109788.png

Don't touch the puck while it is calibrating.

The issue might also be related to the fact that you are attempting to manipulate an stl file rather than a f3d file, but it is a good idea to Calibrate every day anyhow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report