Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help: I can't delete designs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tormy.vancool
113 Views, 5 Replies

help: I can't delete designs

I created a design (let's call it A). then I imported it into another one, let's call it B.

but afterwards I removed A from B.

Ok

I saved B and closed.

But I can't delete A. it says it is in use. but it isn't. Indeed if I check it, it returns it isn't used.

But ... I can't delete it.

tormyvancool_0-1697494574564.png

tormyvancool_1-1697494612522.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I assume that in between adding the reference to A, and before removing it, you saved B.  That means that there is a previous version of B out there that does reference A.  And, since Fusion allows you to open old versions of a design and "save as latest", then that reference can come back.  This is why delete is blocked - if there is any reference to A from any version of B that exists, that reference can be reconstituted.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 6

Yes right. however how can I remove everything and delete that design? Is there a way?

Message 4 of 6

The only way that I know of (assuming you still want to keep B) is:  Export the current B as a Fusion archive, then re-upload it.  That will create a brand new design with no past versions (and therefore no references to A).  You can then delete B, and then delete A.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 5 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: tormy.vancool

Hi,

maybe this tutorial by @jhackney1972  might help

günther

Message 6 of 6
tormy.vancool
in reply to: g-andresen

it worked out. I think also the solution by @jeff_strater was working as well.
I keep both as valid solutions (even if I can vote for only one so far I see but I try to vote both)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums