Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having issues drafting a part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tuckgray907
139 Views, 4 Replies

having issues drafting a part

I am trying to make an engine bracket and having issues getting it to draft. It is a curved surface that I made by extruding along a curve. I'm not sure if that is causing the issue but I'd rather not remodel it, but if that's the only way I,ll do it. Ive also tried incorporating it into the extrude but I don't get the option. any quick advice is appreciated. thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: tuckgray907

Please attach your model.  Open in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive.  Attach using the attachment section of a reply post.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
tuckgray907

here you go!

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972

I hope I am understanding your request.  I think you want the complete body to have a draft angle on the thickness edge.  I added a 5 degree draft angle just to make sure you could see it but I think you only want a 1 degree draft.  If this is correct, you can change the draft angle by editing the taper angle of the marked Extrude operation.  Model is attached.

Extrude.jpgTaper.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
tuckgray907

yes thats perfect! thank you so much. i don't quite know why I couldn't get that to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report