Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
gajjar_harsh
225 Views, 9 Replies

Graphics card

Hello

I want to buy a laptop to run fusion 360. Is below mentioned laptop compatible for Fusion 360 for next 3 years??

HAVE A GOOD DAY

HARSH
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
g-andresen
in reply to: gajjar_harsh

Hi,

all I see is a lot of colorful pictures.
Tell me which graphics card it is.

günther

Message 3 of 10
jhackney1972

The link you post is not related to your question.  There are not many individuals that are going to be able to predict where Fusion 360 will be in three years.  Because of this there probably are also not many individuals able to recommend a computer that will satisfy both you and the requirements of Fusion 360 for the next three years.  Start with the System Requirements to run Fusion 360 and then start adding features and components that fit your budget.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 10
gajjar_harsh
in reply to: g-andresen
Message 5 of 10
gajjar_harsh
in reply to: jhackney1972

1. Actually Nvidia RTX series graphics are there in system requirements and this is Gefore GTX 1650...old one so asked
Message 6 of 10
gajjar_harsh

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 4GB graphics card
Message 7 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

@gajjar_harsh  schrieb:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 4GB graphics card

1. That should be enough
2. but I recommend W 11 because of the limited support of W 10

3. CPU : the faster the better

günther

Message 8 of 10
gajjar_harsh

Thanks alot.

Have a good day
Message 9 of 10

Hello! To ensure that the laptop you buy is compatible with Fusion 360 for the next three years, you'll want to consider its specifications. Fusion 360 is a powerful 3D CAD/CAM software that can benefit from a laptop with decent processing power and graphics capabilities.

1. Processor (CPU): Aim for at least an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 processor. These processors offer good multi-core performance, which is essential for tasks in Fusion 360.

2. Graphics Card (GPU): Look for a laptop with a dedicated graphics card from NVIDIA or AMD, preferably with a minimum of 4GB VRAM. NVIDIA GTX or RTX series cards, or AMD Radeon RX series cards, are good choices.  A capable GPU will ensure smooth graphics and an enjoyable gaming experience.

3. RAM: 16GB of RAM is the minimum recommended for Fusion 360, but if you can afford more, 32GB or higher will provide smoother performance, especially for complex projects.

4. Storage: A Solid State Drive (SSD) is highly recommended. It significantly improves overall system responsiveness and reduces loading times.

5. Display: A laptop with a 15-inch or larger display with a high-quality resolution (at least Full HD or 1920x1080) is ideal for better workspace visibility.

6. Operating System: Ensure that the laptop comes with a compatible operating system, like Windows 10 or macOS (if you prefer Apple devices).

7. Connectivity: Look for laptops with multiple USB ports, including USB-C, as well as other necessary ports such as HDMI, Ethernet, and audio jacks.

8. Cooling: Fusion 360 can be demanding on the laptop's hardware, so a laptop with effective cooling mechanisms will help maintain performance during intensive tasks.

9. Battery Life: Consider a laptop with decent battery life to support you during periods without access to a power outlet.

10. Futureproofing: While it's difficult to predict technology advancements over three years, try to get a laptop with a specification slightly higher than the recommended requirements for Fusion 360. This will give you some leeway as software updates and projects become more demanding.

Message 10 of 10

@carparkingmultiplayermodapk01 wrote:

1. Processor (CPU): Aim for at least an Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 processor. These processors offer good multi-core performance, which is essential for tasks in Fusion 360.

That bit is incorrect!

For modeling and all CAD systems, not just Fusion 360 are relying on geometric modeling kernels. A lot of the math and many of the algorithms in these kernels don't lend themselves to parallel computing and are mostly  single core.

As such if you are looking for a computer mostly for CAD, then focus on single core base and boost clock speeds.

If you render a lot, most if not all model render engines make full use of every core your computer offers.

Fusion 360 does not use the GPU for raytracing/rendering.    

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report