Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going mad - Shift + click doesn't orbit anymore

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lkeays
272 Views, 6 Replies

Going mad - Shift + click doesn't orbit anymore

Hi, I've been using fusion 360 for years.  Since 2 days, I can't orbit with my mouse holding Shift key.  I tried different styles in preference, reset to default, restarted - I'm going mad!  Holding Shift doesn't do anything else that selecting.  I even checked if my keyboard was unplugged or if that key didn't work. What's going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: lkeays

Check you Pan, Zoom, Rotate shortcuts in preferences.  Is it still set to "Fusion 360"?

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 7.12.56 AM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 7
lkeays
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi, yes they are...
Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

You said you checked your keyboard, have you tried another mouse?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7
lkeays
in reply to: jhackney1972

It's the craziest thing.  Tested:

• Different mice
  • Different Keyboard
  • Upgrade firmware on keyboard
  • tested is "shift select" works on some random text - yes.  So mouse click + shift works
  • Changed preference pan zoom orbit to "Tinkercad" and I get to do all movement - but all with the mouse which is horrible to re-adjust to

It was working yesterday fine.  Clicked "upgrade on next start" and bang, this morning it doesn't anymore.

Message 6 of 7
lkeays

Answering myself... - it was a hardware issue.  My middle button - which is used for the commands - was remapped magically by an evil being during the night since nobody touched my computer 😉

Message 7 of 7
akubikT36T9

I am going through the same issue. What was your middle button remapped to? Very interesting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report