Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360 personal use on Mac OS Catalina

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fideltagamma
134 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion360 personal use on Mac OS Catalina

Hi,

I can no longer use Fusion 360 personal (version 2.0.15509 x86_64) on my 2012 Macbook Pro (OS version: 10.15.7 Catalina). I read the warning about obsolete OS versions but unfortunately at the moment I have no possibility of buying a new computer.

I use Fusion360 sporadically for small personal projects, so I kindly ask you to help me continue using it. It would be fine for me even without receiving the new software updates. 

Thanks in advance

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@fideltagamma Unfortunately support on macOS Catalina will no longer be possible. This is the reason we sent out the warning banner about eight months back. 

One option could be to enable parallels or boot camp and install the windows version of the application. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

thank you for your support.

I'm sorry but I can't understand Autodesk's choice. If the software can run on my Mac through Boot Camp, it means that the Mac still has the tech requirements to run the software, which in fact worked correctly.

Apparently the solutions would therefore be the following:
- buy a new PC/Mac, or
- buy a Windows license to install on my Mac.
In any case, you know, these are expensive solutions, especially for those who use the software sporadically and not for work.

I can understand if a previous operating system does not allow new software updates but the Autodesk's decision not to make the program work as it has worked up until now seems an unfair commercial practice. Someone should investigate this choice.

Message 4 of 6

@fideltagamma @Please note that it’s the macOS that we do not support and not your hardware that has lost support. Hence the option to run it on Windows OS. 

The short summary on why these decisions are made is that the tools needed to build Fusion are not supported by Apple after a certain macOS which means the code cannot be compiled successfully for that macOS. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 6

@fideltagamma @One another way to look at this is if you can update your macOS on this machine to a supported OS , Fusion will install and run. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 6

Hi, 

understood.

Thanks for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report