Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion refuses to run without reinstall, then fails to install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
calebc01
144 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion refuses to run without reinstall, then fails to install

I just attempted to run Fusion 360 and received an error indicating that it has to be updated to a new version.  I downloaded and attempted to install, but it failed and closed with the attached error log.  The specific error message is "[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor"

EDIT:
1) Found a support article saying OneDrive needs to be shut down first.  Did that, no affect.
2) I rebooted my computer and tried again with the same result.

3) I attempted to uninstall Fusion 360 from Windows' "Add & Remove Programs" dialog.  Fusion's uninstaller briefly opens and then suddenly closes without uninstalling, and without an error message.

4) After multiple uninstall and reboot attempts, I still get the same error.

Not only am I unable to install the product, but I also can't uninstall to try from scratch.  Incredible piece of engineering from Autodesk.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@calebc01 Can you please follow this article and let us know if this helped solve the problem? 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Errno-9-Bad-file-d...

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 7
calebc01
in reply to: calebc01

Closing OneDrive and running the installer again results in the same error.

Message 4 of 7

@calebc01 Looks liege you modified the original post to show that the suggested article already did not work. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 7

Correct.  I tried a second time just to be sure.  I rebooted the computer, closed OneDrive, attempted to uninstall again (failed silently), then attempted to reinstall with the same error.

Message 6 of 7

@calebc01 Please follow the below:

1. Make sure Fusion is not running in task manager
2. Delete the Fusion shortcut you have now
3. Go to C:\Users\(username)\Appdata\Local\ - Delete the folder Autodesk
Restart machine - This should not be required but just to get the workflow right
5. Now install Fusion 

I believe the shortcut that it is trying to recreate is the issue since the shortcut shows that is is on the Onedrive. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 7

Following those steps, in that order, fixed the problem.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report