Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Browser floats above other application windows (MacOS)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mad.macs
123 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion Browser floats above other application windows (MacOS)

I have had this issue pretty much since I started using Fusion 360. I keep hoping it will get fixed in an update, but it never seems to. When fusion is first launched, the Fusion browser floats to the very top layer of windows, and will appear above other windows from other applications and the finder.

Sometimes clicking back on the Fusion window and bringing it to the forefront will resolve it.

Currently I am running :

Active Plan: Fusion 360, Subscription
macOS 11.6 x86_64 (20G165) on MacBookPro17,1 (M1)

I have seen this behavior on other Macs as well.

It's a minor bug, but a bug no less.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 11.57.52 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jodom4
in reply to: mad.macs

Hey mad.macs,

Thanks for posting. This is a known issue we're working on. A workaround is to go back to the Fusion window and hide / minimize it. 

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 4
jonbjornn
in reply to: mad.macs

This is still an issue as of August 2023, even with native Apple Silicon build. It appears this originates in how the "Browser" UI component is built using a separate QTView, and the QT Framework sometimes treating these as independent windows, and sometimes not. Same is true of the "Comments" UI component. Please see screenshot attached.

Message 4 of 4
RAmeeti
in reply to: jonbjornn

And continuing in April 2024.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report