Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 shuts down my computer

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
igor.god
2716 Views, 22 Replies

Fusion 360 shuts down my computer

When I use Fusion on my MSI laptop GL62 6QD it shuts down. The temeprature is low - aprox 50*C, cpu utilization 10%, realy easy models (I'm a beginner). It is the only one program with this strange behavior. When I start the computer after that it starts normalny. 
I reinstalled Fusion 360 - without better results. On my another PC it works perfectly.

Another strange thing - when I work it's generaly ok (it's enough to move mouse) but when  don't use it ( for ex. to calc something) it shuts down my computer. I changend screensaver settings - and of course nothing has changed. Mayby it's fortuity

Tags (3)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

hi, i had similar issue, in my case I disabled the internal video card and problem was solved. Finally, someone advised me to dedicate my NVIDIA card to fusion 360. Not sure if it solves your problem, but it's a simple thing to test. see my post on Saturday. hope it helps you.

rudischoltenZWZ8M_0-1662986308233.png

Message 22 of 23
MothDesign
in reply to: igor.god

I'm having this issue with my laptop although I don't think it's a GPU issue.  I never have problems when using Fusion 360.  It seems to be more of a problem with sleep/hibernation.  I'll go make a coffee and come back to find my laptop has restarted.  It doesn't happen all the time but probably half the time.  I haven't had this problem with any other software.  Anyone else had this?

Message 23 of 23
labtopia
in reply to: brett3G83J

I have the same problem, my current version (just updated today) fusion hard kernel panic'd my machine 3 time in 10 min touching and clicking a solid in move mode.  
moment i left clicked to drag- Hard reboot.

Only message is the "your os stopped, or you have a program issue, or maybe a power loss.....
not helpful.
updated to the studio driver from 3/18/24  551.86  
It happened 1 more time today.

I run Resolve, Unreal, and lots of Games with no issue on this brand new machine with  nvidia geforce rtx 4070 ti super

I have also left fusion running unattentded to find my machine rebooted.  Something definitely in the SW is wrong-literally the only program i have had kernel panic this new machine.

It might be related to capture history maybe not- I turned off history for the one that was crashing and worked with it for a while w/o crashing.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report