Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 keeps disappearing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nelsonQBBSX
130 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 keeps disappearing

I keep having trouble with fusion 360 disappearing from my m2 Mac book pro. I am part of a makerspace and we are allowed to use the personal version, but I have loaded it a few times and it seems to disappear from my computer. I am new to this and there is that app that "fixes" your install, but it does't work. I keep installing, but the program won't open and I feel that it is not working properly. I also can find it in my applications folder where I ask it to default install. 

Anyway I a trying to go though support and find white papers but I am too new to understand things. I have also uninstalled, reinstalled and restarted my Mac.

Suggestions to a newbie?

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lance.carocci
in reply to: nelsonQBBSX

Hi @nelsonQBBSX,

I'm not familiar with an install-fixing app, but please note that Fusion's installer is at a user-level so as not to require elevated system permissions. This means it is installed only for the currently signed-in user within the user's AppData/Local or Library/Application Support folder, and this location cannot currently be changed.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
nelsonQBBSX
in reply to: lance.carocci

It took some time to figure it out, but for some reason I didn't have the personal version? That is recommended via my Makerspace. I found the white papers and did a clean uninstall. I was able to load the personal version and so far things work. I also see Autodesk has been having server issues. This may or may not have been part of the problem. 

The. other bug on the personal version install was that the app wasn't installing it in my applications folder. I had to chase it down though spotlight. I know it's not my settings because everything else installs  in that folder. Anyway, I just call it ghost in the machine.

Thanks for your help. So far I think this version is stable and I can use it now.

Message 4 of 4
lance.carocci
in reply to: nelsonQBBSX

Personal just refers to your own license for Fusion. It is all the same client installation. It only installs at the user-level, not system-level, which determines install folder location and cannot be changed.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums