Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 disappearing items when editing Sketch

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
goggledrew
136 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion 360 disappearing items when editing Sketch

Hi, First post, so please be gentle :). I have been teaching myself Fusion 360 to make a custom box for a 3D Printing project and can't worki out an issue I am having if it is a bug or something I have done wrong. 

This is what I have at the moment, but want to edit the snap fit connectors to be a little bigger

Before.png

but if I edit Sketch 4 sketches disappear and i get this:-

goggledrew_0-1707577287738.png

If I finish the sketch it all comes back to what was in the original picture

I have been deleting things as I make mistakes and there are some warnings/errors in my time line, so not sure if that is why

goggledrew_1-1707577317241.png

Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't really want to have to recreate the whole thing to sort the snapfit connectors out. 🙂 Many Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: goggledrew

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

If you edit sketch 4, you are at a point in the history where the other elements do not yet exist.
After closing the sketch, you have a view of the entire design again.

günther

Message 4 of 8
goggledrew

Hi John, Thanks for the tip. I have all attached the export

Message 5 of 8
jhackney1972

What you are seeing is normal.  The Timeline is a representation of your design history.  When you edit something earlier than the holes in your timeline, they will disappear because they do not exist at the point in the timeline you are editing. 

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 8
goggledrew
in reply to: g-andresen

Hi Günther, ah ok hadn't noticed that before or seen that when doing other bits. It might be I am in the wrong sketch as well, which is why I can't see the bit I am trying to amend :). Thank you 🙂

Message 7 of 8
goggledrew
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you very much John 🙂

Message 8 of 8
goggledrew
in reply to: jhackney1972

Just saw the video :). That was really helpful and thankyou so much for taking the time to explain it! I am using user parameters for some of sizing hence the reference to "width" etc. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report