Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 crashes when I break link

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Matthijsmanenschijn234
201 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 crashes when I break link

Hi,

In this file my fusion keeps crashing when I try to break a link. Is there a way for me to fix it?

Because I don't know how to fix it anymore.

https://a360.co/3sbJDaB 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Matthijsmanenschijn234,

I've not checked everything, but the big issue maybe came from some errors within the Timeline.

Check also the linked components for those issues and maybe is solved your problems.

I opened 1 sketch in the beginning within the red group and that was not fully constrained and the extrude didn't have any selected geometry.

MarcoTakx_0-1692010375243.png

If my post answers your question Please use Accept as Solution & Kudos This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 5

No software should ever crash, however, you design has 13 errors and 13 warnings in the timeline.

I would start over from scratch and use appropriate modeling techniques. In a mechanical design, scale and body-move should only be used in very rare cases.

When going back in the timeline and making changes, use Modify->Compute-All, to recompute the timeline and make sure the change did not break anything.

If the change does return a red, or yellow icon, determine the root cause and fix it. Do not proceed until that is done!

TrippyLighting_0-1692012787002.png

Peter Doering
Message 4 of 5

@Matthijsmanenschijn234 

As you start over - ask questions early and often - don't dig deep into a hole before getting the input of the experts here.

Message 5 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Reported as FUS-136537.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report