Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeze/crash when combining flat pattern and folded represenation in new drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
seba079
133 Views, 3 Replies

freeze/crash when combining flat pattern and folded represenation in new drawing

When making a drawing of a sheetmetal part, I will usually right-click the component in the model file; select Create Drawing; select all the appropriate options; and click OK. When creating a new drawing (Drawing: Create New in the Create Drawing dialog) the part inserts fine. However, when I then try to insert another representation of the same part - e.g. I started with a Folded Model, then try to insert a Flat Pattern, or the other way around - into the newly-created, yet-unsaved document, as soon as I click OK Fusion will indefinitely freeze. This does not happen if I insert one representation, save the drawing file, then insert the other representation into the already-saved document. A similar bug I previously encountered was avoided by inserting the new representation into a new sheet of the same drawing; in this case this does not work, the program still freezes. This also seems to have appeared out of nowhere, as just a few days ago the above process was working perfectly fine.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (22621.2715)

Fusion 360 2.0.17721 x86_64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
liang_chen
in reply to: seba079

@seba079 , 

Testing the workflows as you memtioned, but I can't reproduce the freeze/crash in 2.0.17721, showing as attached video. Please check if I miss any key steps. If so, pls share a video to demostrate the steps.  

If it only happens on specific dataset, please share the dataset with us too. Thanks

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
seba079

It just occurred to me that i encountered this issue only when I began to make drawings of a Configured file; this indeed seems to be related, see attached video (the example part in the video has Configurations that alter the sheetmetal part itself; in the original file I'm having problems with, Configurations don't change any sheetmetal parameters and simply toggle visibility of some components).

Message 4 of 4
liang_chen

Thanks for the feedback. I can reproduce the issue now with configuration file, and it has been tracked as internal ticket(FDWG-17826) for Dev invesitgaiton. 

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums