Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fractional dimensions in drawing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
brianNLJQ5
7398 Views, 12 Replies

fractional dimensions in drawing

Looking for previous questions I see that drawings can not be done in fractional dimensions, but I am pulling up old questions.  Has Fusion been updated yet to show fractional dimensions?  I am making a bunch of drawings to send to a shop floor and I can't expect the fabricators that are working with tape measures to convert every one of the thousands of dimensions to fractional with calculators.

Also, can a suffix such as " or mm be added to the dimensions?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: brianNLJQ5

Fractional units can be configured from the Annotation Settings at the bottom of the drawing screen.  The dimensional unit string do not show unless you are using dual dimensions, then the second dimension shows the dual dimension units.  Your title block normally specifies the default units of the drawing.

Fractional Units.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 13
brianNLJQ5
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks jhackney. I never noticed that at the bottom. I don't do a lot of drawings from within Fusion. I tried it and works great.

Message 4 of 13
ethan82SNK

My annotation settings aren't popping up in my drawing view. Do you know how to reset or add these back to be viewed? 

Thank you! 

-Ethan 

Message 5 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: ethan82SNK

In one of the Fusion 360 updates, the drawing Document Settings were moved from the bottom of the sheet to the top of the browser.  Expand this and you will find your settings.  This change was outlined extensively in the What's New blog which is displayed with every update, be sure to read it every time.

Fraction Settings.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 13
will.flowers

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY MY HERO NOW!!!!

Message 7 of 13
kevinHVUHE

This appears to have changed yet again and I've not been able to locate it.  The only setting I have available under `Document settings` in the tree is `Units: ft` and editing that does not provide fractional, only inches, foot, meter, etc. 

Message 8 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: kevinHVUHE

I think you will find it is still there under Document Settings in the 2D drawing environment.  I checked on both subscription and personal license versions of Fusion 360

Fractional Units.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 13
kevinHVUHE

Thanks @jhackney1972, I'm looking for fractional in the `design` view.  I'm a total novice, but I'm not done yet with my design to make drawings so I don't think I'm ready for that yet.  I'm working on a bathroom remodel, so I was hoping that I had the ability to display in understandable (fractional) dimensions while I worked on the re-design.

I'm open to pointers.

Message 10 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: kevinHVUHE

Your question appeared under the forum thread talking about fractional dimensions in the the 2D drawing, that is why I responded as I did.  You will not find fractional dimensions in the model view, but it does not matter.  You can enter any fraction just by typing in the fraction when you are entering dimensions.  For example for .375" just type 3/8 and the program will convert it.  There is a math accumulator built into every entry box.  For a mixed number such as 1 3/8" just type 1 <space> 3/8 and it will give you 1.375.  It makes entering 25/64" a breeze for us machine designers.

By the way, I hope you will use the forum for future questions and do not hesitate to do so.  There are a lot of Fusion 360 smart users helping out.  I would suggest that you "never" piggy-back on another forum question because no one will see your question.  I only saw it since I am flagged when any post I participated in is altered.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 11 of 13
mpersun

This works/is correct answer as of 12/12/2022. Personal license.

Message 12 of 13
larrybud2004

Must be a license issue. The only item displayed under "Document settings" For me is Units. 

Message 13 of 13

@larrybud2004 wrote:

Must be a license issue. The only item displayed under "Document settings" For me is Units. 

@larrybud2004 

I don’t think so.

Show screenshot of what you see (there are several different issues discussed in this thread - let’s see your actual issue).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report