Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten a mesh or recreate it somehow?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rwhopper
84 Views, 2 Replies

Flatten a mesh or recreate it somehow?

I have a mesh (.stl) I would like to flatten out so that I can have it laser cut and bent to this shape.

rwhopper_0-1697412912343.pngrwhopper_1-1697412924203.png

I've tried converting mesh to body but how would I flatten it? If it cannot be flattened because it isn't an actual sheet metal part, how would I replicate this part so that I can flatten it? Normally I would create a sketch and extrude it to a component but this has so many curves and angles it would be impossible to sketch it out flat. Thanks!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: rwhopper

Please attach both your Fusion 360 model and the STL file.  To attach a Fusion 360 model, open it, select the File menu, the Export and save to your hard drive.  Attach it to a reply post.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
Warmingup1953
in reply to: rwhopper

Lots of assumptions but my guess is that Fusion 360 won't do a flat pattern but Meshmixer will do a good approximation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums