Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet/Chamfer Won't Work!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
matt.bounds
2422 Views, 6 Replies

Fillet/Chamfer Won't Work!

Hello everyone,

I am a teacher and one of my students is having a problem with their project that was imported as an SVG than the sketch was extruded but it will not fillet nor chamfer. 

I can chamfer some of the faces or edges but some give me problems and display this error:

Error: The fillet/chamfer could not be created at the requested size.
Try adjusting the size, deselecting some of the edges (try disabling Tangent Chain), or using multiple separate operations.

I've tried reducing the size, deselecting edges, and disabling tangent chain none of those work.

Can someone please help me out and understand why this isn't working?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: matt.bounds

The problem is the very low quality of the curves, kinks in the curves like below will make fillet\chamfer fail. Why are you importing an SVG, can't you sketch this in fusion using splines with tangent\smooth joins between each curve?

image.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

In many, many cases imported .svg and .dxf files exhibit all sorts of problems. These problems relate to FUiosn 360 being a CAD software which requires precise input to create precise geometry. The originating software packages often are 2D graphic design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape and who-knows-what.

Te things designed in these packages don't usually require line graphics to be closed, overlapping lines/elements are not problem, near tangency or near coincidence are of no concern.

The single best way to avoid this is to simply sketch these objects using Fusion 360 native tools. Often this is far quicker that trying to analyze and fix what might be wrong with the imported data.

Peter Doering
Message 4 of 7
matt.bounds
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thank you for the help! I'll probably just get them to place an image on a canvas and just trace directly from Fusion 360 next time.

Message 5 of 7

Message 6 of 7

Message 7 of 7

@alexmatthews101 wrote:

... That there there aren't a dozen videos of people importing svgs they made with Inkscape? ...

Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. I explained the reasons above.  

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums