Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load Mechatronic AddIn interop assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
allawi_96
195 Views, 4 Replies

Failed to load Mechatronic AddIn interop assembly

when i add Altium plugin to fusion and try to open  fusion i get the following message 

"Failed to load Mechatronic AddIn interop assembly"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: allawi_96

Hi,

I can't find any Altium or Mechatronic named add-ins in the Fusion 360 appstore. Can you please send a link to this addin so I can test this bug?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Adnan_kravi
in reply to: Phil.E

i faced the same issue. 

it's not  on Fusion add on you may find it on Altium 

it's called codesigned addon 

https://www.altium.com/documentation/altium-codesigner/preparing-autodesk-fusion-360-for-codesign

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: Adnan_kravi

Thanks. I have to ask for help with this one. Thanks for your patience.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
matt.berggren
in reply to: allawi_96

Thanks for the post.  The Add-In you are referencing is provided by Altium.  To get support for the Add-In you will need to contact them and to use it, you will need to download it from them (typically 3rd parties make add-ins available in our App Store so I am not able to help there -- however the Codesigner plugin is detailed in the doc found here ).  

We do not provide support for Add-Ins made by 3rd party companies which aren't syndicated thru our App Store (we often dont have their software to test with so we are unable to support the user).  If you run into a specific issue with their use of the Fusion 360 API they will need to contact our developer support team at aps.autodesk.com (3rd party developer site) and request assistance.  We don't have a license to be able to test their Add-In that I'm aware of so we are stuck, sorry!  Sounds however like they used an outdated version of the Fusion API or there is some aspect of their add-in that hasn't been tested.  If you wanted to export to another format and bring into Fusion 360 that is possible.  The challenge of course would be associativity but if it is one-directional I know Altium have a number of export formats.  Let me just seriously caution against including Copper and Silkscreen Text as these can be super heavy when converting to solid geometry.  Unless you need these, I would avoid these altogether.  You might just as soon use OBJ is the rich, render-friendly version is what you're after.  If you want geometry and placement for associativity then dont use their OBJ export and stick with either STEP or I believe they produce an Inventor or Solidworks Assembly output which would work as Fusion can import these.

Let us know if you get stuck with Altium on this issue but I would encourage you to start there and see how up to date their add-in is.  If compatibility is a major issue with them, let us know and we can discuss how to support them to keep their tool up to date. 

Best regards,

matt - Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums