Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F360 Personal use. Importing fbx files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jordanfrost
75 Views, 2 Replies

F360 Personal use. Importing fbx files

I'm sorry for the basic question.  I have spent hours trying to import a free FBX file.  It looks like it imports correctly and has mesh bodies associated.  I am not sure why these are coming in as mesh bodies?  Why am i not able to edit?

Is it because its just a free file? 

Is it because i'm personal use?

https://www.turbosquid.com/Download/2151041_77325390 

I've tried many of the convert mesh or edit mesh tutorials i can find and am wondering if i am wasting my time.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: Jordanfrost

"I am not sure why these are coming in as mesh bodies?"

FBX is a mesh format.  That is why these are coming in as mesh bodies.

"Why am i not able to edit?"

You can edit.  You have to use the Mesh toolset to edit.  Fusion is not a very powerful mesh editor, so what you can do is limited.  You can convert to a solid, but that workflow is sometimes problematic (the default converts each mesh facet into a solid or surface face, which is inaccurate and can result in slow performance).  The normal recommended workflow with mesh bodies is to reverse engineer them using features like Create Mesh Section, and Fit Curve to Mesh Section, combined with native Fusion modeling tools.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
Warmingup1953
in reply to: Jordanfrost

Can you share the Mesh? I don't have a TurboSquid account

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report