Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude profiles select body edges

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ryanbone.c
74 Views, 2 Replies

Extrude profiles select body edges

HI, I have this weird bug where when after I sketch a profile, the Extrusion profiles pick up Construction lines, Centerlines, and it picks up edges of the body that lie on the sketch plane. I should be able to pick the whole sketch profile in one click instead of 4 separate profiles shown in the second screen grab and it should be one profile? Is there a way to turn this off? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Ryanbone.c

Please attach your model.  Open in Fusion 360. select the File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive.  Use the Attachment section of a reply post to attach it.

Edit: If the profile is divided by any lines, except construction lines, you will have to select multiple areas.  This includes project geometries.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
timeset2500
in reply to: Ryanbone.c

From the screenshots, it looks like the sketch just has auto-projected geometry lines, as mentioned in the "Edit" above.

When you create a sketch on a "Face" (as opposed to a "Plane"), the geometry of said Face is automatically projected. It functions just as any other projected sketch line (can be converted to Construction geometry, can be constrained, can also of course be deleted, etc.). The real curveball (and what I suspect is the source of the problem) is that this auto-projected geometry is invisible, which can make it ... unintuitive.

This behavior can be disabled in "Preferences>General>Design>Auto project geometry on active sketch plane".preferences.png

If this is not the source of the problem, then of course an attached document (*.f3d / *.f3z) should help to debug/identify the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report