Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude along face/shape

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kurt.ouchiian
164 Views, 6 Replies

Extrude along face/shape

Hi,

I want to extrude a face from a sketch and make its edge line up with an existing shape.

As on the image the blue parts should be a solid part of the object lining up with the extrusion and ending at the other shape.

How could I achieve that?

Thanks for your help and I hope you understand my problem!

Screenshot (24).png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

Sorry for my late reply, I've been busy the last days.

Unfortunately I cant share the original Files, but i have recreated my Problem in another File.

I also attached a version of how it should look, but i did that with the Push/Pull tool which doesn't always work.
I hope thats enough to solve the problem.

Thanks in Advance!

Message 4 of 7

In my opinion a quick fix is to use the Offset Face command, then Combine.  Model is attached.

By the way, do not the Post Reply icon to reply to someones post, use the Reply icon on the post you are responding to.  Using the other icon replies to yourself.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7

@kurt.ouchiian wrote:

...but i did that with the Push/Pull tool which doesn't always work...

Can you elaborate on that?

I would edit the sketch and following extrude feature as follows. Saves two unnecessary features in the timeline.

Peter Doering
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the info about the Reply thing, didn't know that.

For me @TrippyLighting 's solution did the trick.

Thanks anyways!

Message 7 of 7

Your fix worked thanks!
With the Push/Pull tool I would have had to enter an exact value so there is no overlap because it failed otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report