Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend octogonal sketch shape

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pedroansilva
164 Views, 4 Replies

Extend octogonal sketch shape

Hi,

Complete newbie here :).

I need to extend the heigh of this sketch from 50 to 60 mm, maintaining the top and bottom half as they are originally:

pedroansilva_3-1692912093078.png

but when i try to increase it's "length", the bottom edge gets squished (it should maintain it's shape and size as the top half)

pedroansilva_5-1692912219026.png

How can i achieve this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: pedroansilva

Probably just add some dimensions to the height of the bottom chamfers or by adding some sketch constraints.  Hard to say as you did not attach your model.  If you want to attach your model for further help please do.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5

Message 4 of 5
pedroansilva
in reply to: jhackney1972

It worked John, i just needed to add some equal constraints and set the height constraint as well! Thank you!

pedroansilva_1-1692947654231.png

Message 5 of 5

Thank you CADWhisperer, that would probably work as well!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report