Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to DWG is not exporting all Bodies

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ole.ziessler
124 Views, 3 Replies

Export to DWG is not exporting all Bodies

I Have a 3D model of a window which i would like to export as a DWG. when exporting not all bodies are exported. when DWG file is reopened in Fusion, 2 of the 10 bodies are missing.

here is the current file in Fusion: https://a360.co/3Fv12y1

and the export:

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ole.ziessler
in reply to: ole.ziessler

Here is the Model File:

Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: ole.ziessler

I know it should not do it but if you replace the two lower components, which were Copy/Paste New components so you could edit them, with Boundary Fill components, which are still unique and can be edited, it all works.  I have attached your F3D model edited with Boundary Fill components and also the resulting DWG which should work just fine.

By the way you need to start using Joints in your assemblies.  I added joints to my the two new bottom components but did not to your existing.

Remove and Replace.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
ole.ziessler
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you for your quick help. I will take a detailed look once I have a free minute. 

you mentioned using joints in assemblies. What are the advantages of this if my parts do not need to be moveable such as a hinge? 

am relatively new to Fusion and thus not 100% of best practices. Any resources or tips here would be greatly appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report