Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT .STEP FROM CONFIGURED DESIGN

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
samson_huntl
185 Views, 6 Replies

EXPORT .STEP FROM CONFIGURED DESIGN

I NEED TO EXPORT A STEP FILE FROM A CONFIGURED DESIGN FOR FURTHER WORK IN A PROPERIETRY CAM SOFTWARE,  WHEN TRYING TO EXPORT IT WILL ONLY ALLOW AN EXPORT OF .F3Z. ANY SOLUTIONS?

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@samson_huntl 

When you are in the Configured Design, there are two options in the Export dialog - you can either export the "Configured Design" which is the default option, or export the "Active Configuration".  please see attached image.

• Configured Design export only exports to f3z
  • Switch the dropdown to Active Configuration and you will get the options to export to neutral file formats like STEP.

Hope this helps.

GauthamExportActiveConfig.PNG

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 3 of 7

HI GAUTHAM THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I DID THINK THIS WAS I PROBLEM BUT I CANNOT SELECT ACTIVE CONFIGURATION FOR SOME REASON ITS GREYED OUT?? ANY IDEAS

Message 4 of 7

Have you run any Simulation or Generative Design studies on any of the Configurations?  If you hover over the "Active Configuration" item you will see a tooltip to that effect.  If that is the case, you will have to delete those studies to get the option enabled.  Sorry about that, we are looking at unblocking this workflow.  Could you confirm if that is the case?

Thanks
gautham

Gautham Kattethota
Software Development
Message 5 of 7

THANKS, I CANT SEE ANY SIMULATIONS OR GENERATIVE DESIGN STUDIES HERE IN THE RESPECTIVE TABS, NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, I REALLY NEED TO EXPORT THIS DESIGN 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @samson_huntl,

If you right-click the top node in the Browser and select Export, does that method work for you?

This should export the Active Configuration to any of the formats listed in the screenshot below:

Snag_299a4349.pngSnag_299acde5.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 7 of 7

yes that does work, great thanks victoria

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report