Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The Break Link operation will be aborted due to cyclic dependency error. Please report this issue to Autodesk!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
woodworker96
202 Views, 6 Replies

Error: The Break Link operation will be aborted due to cyclic dependency error. Please report this issue to Autodesk!

Hello - I keep receiving the "cyclic dependency" error whenever I try to break the link from an imported design. I have tried starting a new design/file, but nothing seems to work. Any information you could provide would be much appreciated.  Thanks you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: woodworker96

Please attach the model you are trying to import.  Use the Attachment section below.  If you need to ZIP it first, do so.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
woodworker96

Thanks for getting back to me.  Attached is an f3z file of the model I am working with.

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

I think this will give you want you need.  The Scribe-A-Loo model is inserted twice in your model, one on top of the other but you probably already know that.  I cannot explain the cyclic issue but the attached model achieved the same result.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 7
woodworker96
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes, that worked. Thanks so much. Can I ask what you did to fix the drawing/model? I started a new design, imported the existing model, and still ran into the same problem.

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

If you are inserting the same model, Scribe-A-Loo, this had the cyclic dependency in it.  If this model is needed, use the Insert Derive command, select the Scribe-A-Loo sub-assembly, (select the complete assembly from the Browser) and place it in your top level assembly.  If you need to access the sub-assembly to modify it, you can select the Derive icon in the timeline and right mouse click and choose Break Link.  It will become a regular sub-assembly.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 7
jhackney1972

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report