Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed 3D Model on Website - That cannot be measured etc

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MichaelHHQ56
299 Views, 6 Replies

Embed 3D Model on Website - That cannot be measured etc

I would like to put a 3D model up on my website, but when I use the embed feature it also allows viewers to measure, markup, see model details, and open in Fusion 360. Since I am trying to sell this product, I don't really want to provide viewers with all the tools they need to reverse engineer the product. Is there a way to embed a model, without all these tools?

Thanks

MADE Products
Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: MichaelHHQ56

Take a look at the Blog Article and Video.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7

When creating the public link you can disable download. I am not aware of a way to disable the toolbar on the bottom of the screen.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Disabling download would help, but really need a way to remove that toolbar. Seems very strange that this is not an option, surely most people embedding the model on a website don't want to also give away the IP for the item they are displaying.

MADE Products
Message 5 of 7

I'd say that people who are protective of their (or their clients) IP do not embed their model on a pubic web site.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

@TrippyLighting That is maybe the case some of the time, but I can think of plenty of cases where you want to promote the item without giving away easy access to the dimensions.

In my case, I have a furniture design for which I am selling DIY plans. The clever part about the design is the dimensions of each element and how they combine. It would be good for me to show a 3D model on the site, so people can see what the product looks like, but if they can quickly extract all the dimensions, then the plans I am selling have a reduced value.

I would suggest that most of the time a product is displayed on a website, it is for promotional purposes. If that is the case, dimensions are not required by the viewer. I imagine this feature is only really of value during the development process, rather than promotion.

MADE Products
Message 7 of 7

Good points!

I believe Autodesk has other offerings in their portfolio that allow this, but the Fusion 360 web viewer does not. It is also not an often requested feature here on the forum.

A good alternative might be Sketchfab.

Edit: Well, I though I remembered a product called configurator, but it's been retired.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report