Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the angle on a body - cone

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kl808
251 Views, 6 Replies

Editing the angle on a body - cone

Hi,

I've been given an ipt file of a device from another student and asked to edit the angle of the cone(from 8 to degrees)

but I can't see any way to edit the angle, and I can't just delete the cone as its all attached.

When I tried using push pull to reduce the hight and reduce the angle it shrank the section above, at this point tempted to just make a new one from scratch.

Any advice on how to edit gratefully taken! 

Image to show the part

kl808_0-1686928328685.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: kl808

First if history's not enabled, enable it.

HughesTooling_0-1686928967347.png

Next create a sketch and revolve to modify the cone. You didn't say if it need to be flatter or steeper but either way create a sketch to either add or remove martial then revolve with either Join or Cut. In the sketch you'll need to project the edge of the existing cone for reference.

HughesTooling_0-1686928923811.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

please share the file for investigation

File > export > save as f3d on local drive > attach to post

günther

Message 4 of 7
kl808

Thank you both for your help

Here's a copy I'm trying at alter the angle from 8 to 4 degrees to make it flatter

I tried making the cone as mentioned but it won't let me cut/join, at least I can't make it!

Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

First create a sketch and use project intersect to get the edges of the existing cone, then add a line at 4°.

HughesTooling_0-1686930739233.png

Then you have the problem that the centre hole will go though the new cone! So exit the sketch and offset the hole bottom.

HughesTooling_1-1686930847838.png

Then revolve cut. see attached design with timeline.

HughesTooling_2-1686930891748.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

Out of curiosity I thought I'd try using draft and that works as well. Made easier as the document origin planes are in the right place and you know the existing angle.

HughesTooling_0-1686931065963.png

File's attached.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
kl808

Thank you for all the help! Fingers crossed it won't need another edit but if it does should be easy now! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report