Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXF will not load, and SVG are not the correct size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pearsonh001
104 Views, 2 Replies

DXF will not load, and SVG are not the correct size

Hi, 

If used Fusion for years to make fretboards. I usually create the design in coral draw and then import as a DXF and turn it into a 3D model to cut it out. All of a sudden fusion will not import any DXF files, even files I have already used to make other fretboards, so I know they have worked before. I tried using SVG files but the scaling is so random I can get it accurate enough, and when I get one dimension right, other dimensions are wrong, and if the frets are not perfectly spaced the guitar will not play in tune across the fretboard. Please help, this is very frustrating since I have used this process many times before and all of a sudden nothing works. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Pearsonh001

Please attach a DXF that is giving you issues so the Forum users can take a look.  I do not think you will have to Zip it first but be prepared to if needed.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: Pearsonh001

@Pearsonh001 wrote:

Hi, 

If used Fusion for years to make fretboards. I usually create the design in coral draw and then import as a DXF and turn it into a 3D model to cut it out.  

If you've used Fusion for years why are you importing DXF files rather than drawing in Fusion?

And please share a DXF you can't load and a SVG.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums