Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dxf files are inverted and displayed in the wrong X-Y quadrant

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andrewR928T
71 Views, 2 Replies

dxf files are inverted and displayed in the wrong X-Y quadrant

Hello

I'm producing dxf files of flattened sheet metal without any problems, scale is correct.  However, when the dxf files are opened in other software (e.g. AUTODESK DWG True View) they are flipped over (inverted) and instead of appearing in the first quadrant of the X-Y plane where they were drawn (i.e. positive X and Y values) they are in the third quadrant (negative X and Y values). This is causing a problem sometimes when we send files to e.g. waterjet cutting companies.  

I'm creating the dxfs from sheet metal flat patterns by going 'Create Sketch' selecting the flat metal face, then 'Create>Project', changing the 'Selection Filter' to 'Body', selecting the flat metal face, pressing 'OK', then 'Finish Sketch'.  I then right click the mouse on the new sketch and 'Save as DXF'.  The dxfs are perfect, no scaling issues, except they are inverted.  Any clues on how to keep them right way up?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Warmingup1953
in reply to: andrewR928T

Why not Save as .dxf in the Flat Pattern activated screen?
Message 3 of 3
andrewR928T
in reply to: andrewR928T

Thanks for your reply.  I do save from the Flat Pattern activated screen when I've used Create Flat Pattern.  If the sheet metal part didn't need a flat pattern (i.e. no folds) I just save from the design screen.  The result is always the same, the dxfs are inverted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums