Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Environment Functionality

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Dave_Ash
260 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing Environment Functionality

Having produced Manufaturing drawings for 23 yrs In Autocad LT im now Trying to replicate the same standard of drawing in the drawing space of fusion. I have come across the following stubbling blocks. i know its a different programe. but would expect some similar functionality.

Text

• No Spell check.
  • Can't change default Text colour

Text Leader Note:

• Only single lead lines can be made
  • Lead line can't be restrained to be Horizontal.
  • Text is always under lined no option to not have them underlined
  • There is no way to make a leader to the face of an object, it has to be to an edge but how do the person know which edge you are talking about. In my instance i want to label the face of a drawer front with the finish and not the edge.

Detailed Views:

• Lines are solid not dotted, so they look like part of the drawing.
  • There is  No rectangle detail view make for a lot of wasted drawing space Depending on what you are detailing

Justifying text:

• You cannot truly make text centre justified by using the Text Tool the insertion  point still stays top left however the detail view automatic text does actually create a centre justified text with the justification point staying middle bottom which is ok. The only way to get this is to copy the detailed view Text.

Lines in the views:

• There is No way to hide a line in a view. Sometimes  THE  client don’t want to see a join that will be invisible on the end product.

Line

• There is no way to make a line other than to move a centre line. I like to keep all my annotation in a nice neat line so my drawing don’t look messy.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: Dave_Ash

Hi @Dave_Ash 

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

There is a lot to unpack in your post. Some of what you are looking for is possible, some of it, is what I would classify as new feature requests. But all of which is really important to us.

I would love to jump on a call with you, to discuss how you are using our drawings package, and to try to get a deeper understanding of the frustrations you are seeing. I can also share workflows & settings that will achieve part of what you are looking for.

If you're up for it, here is a link to my calendar, please book a Zoom session with me, I would love to connect and learn more.

Message 3 of 10
Dave_Ash

Would love to arrange a zoom, link to calander seems invald.

Message 4 of 10
ClintBrown3D

Hi @Dave_Ash 

Please try the link in an "incognito" or "private" window, there are sometimes issues with it, if you have signed into any office 365 services.

Message 5 of 10
Dave_Ash

Clint i am still unable top get to your calendar. and still wanting to follow up ont this.

Message 6 of 10
ClintBrown3D

Hi @Dave_Ash 

I've just tested it, and it's working perfectly.

Please try an incognito window, or private mode (whatever your browser's equivalent is).

2023-02-27_09h28_25.gif

Message 7 of 10

Hey @ClintBrown3D ,
I'm seeing the same thing I assume @Dave_Ash is.

I searched the forums and found a link that works correctly for me.
https://bit.ly/FusionDrawings
Hope that helps @Dave_Ash and you get in touch for a chat.

Kyle Williams
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager - Design and Documentation
Ontario, Canada

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 10
Dave_Ash

I should have posted the way i got there was to remove all the text after the last forward slash in the adrees window after you click the link.  Crazy i know but it worked for me.

so thats all the jargon after ...... bookings/

Message 9 of 10
Dave_Ash

Would be nice to see some major steps forward in this area.

90% of the points are unresolved/ still as they where at time of post.

are there any planed improvments?

Message 10 of 10
ClintBrown3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report