Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft fail

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
wmhazzard
555 Views, 12 Replies

Draft fail

Draft fails on a cylindrical body for symmetrical and two side options with a central plane. It works fine for a rectangular body. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jeff_strater
in reply to: wmhazzard

seems a legitimate bug, so I created FUS-62325 to track it.  Thanks for reporting it, @wmhazzard 

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 13
wmhazzard
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater , a year and 8 months have gone by and the draft bug is still there. Any chance of getting it fixed?

Message 4 of 13
wmhazzard

@jeff_strater It's 2 years and 8 months now, will this problem ever get fixed?

Message 5 of 13
jeff_strater

honestly, I have no idea.  "ever" is a long time.  But, at the moment, this is not an issue that seems to affect a lot of people, so my guess is that it is not very high priority at the moment.  If more people report this, that will help, but so far, we have not heard a lot of reports on it.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 13
wmhazzard

Well that sucks for me then. I use draft on almost every one of my designs, with my paid subscription, making foundry patterns. Almost every one has cylindrical core prints that need draft on the ends, I guess that I am the only one who does pattern work with Fusion. 

I have taken my time to report more than a few bugs and help others learn Fusion just like many others on this board and for you to say that a bug is low priority with not much chance of being fixed is a slap in the face. All bugs should be a priority and should be fixed in order received otherwise why should I waste my time helping out this company. 

Letting bugs go unresolved for years is a disgrace and poor business practice. 

Maybe a few others members on here could help me out and report this problem to Autodesk so that it will become a high priority and get fixed sooner rather than later. 

Message 7 of 13
douglas.angle2

After spending an hour or so trying to make a simple symmetric draft work, and going through "product documentation" and tutorials that are very unhelpful, I came here to find it's a bug.  And you know about it.  And you don't care.  I can't agree with WMHazzard enough - what a poor business practice to not address known bugs!

Message 8 of 13

By the way, how do I report a bug?  It's also not apparent in the app itself, and I've already spent enough time in "product support" trying to find out.

Message 9 of 13
wmhazzard
in reply to: douglas.angle2

The only way I know of to report a bug in on the forum. 

Message 10 of 13
wmhazzard

I'm reporting this bug again which has had it's 3rd birthday now. 

Message 11 of 13

@wmhazzard We have confirmed that the issue is resolved. Can you please test it on the latest production build and confirm?

Message 12 of 13

@swapnil.hamdapureDDSVZ 

Unfortunately it is not fixed for me, it is still exactly as I first described. I tried several times with no success. I am on version 2.0.17457.

Message 13 of 13
wmhazzard

I can confirm now with the latest update that the issue has been fixed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums