Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Version Control?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnAA35N
309 Views, 2 Replies

Disable Version Control?

It's messing with me.  All I want to is delete a file.  Yes, I've read about the work around to move files to a "Trash" project.  I would like to disable version control.  I've got things I'm working on that are version 52, b/c apparently I'm prudent with the save button.  Can this madness be stopped?

I'm trying to delete a file that's referenced in an old version, that being 51, but the current revision is 52.  I'm not able to edit version 51 to remove the reference.  Do I understand that correctly?  B/c I clicked the save button at an inopportune time, I'm stuck with not being able to delete a file b/c there is a reference that can no longer be edited?   

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: johnAA35N

no, there is no way to turn off versioning.  You can download the latest version as a Fusion archive of the top level design, and re-upload it.  That will create a new design with no older versions., then you can delete the original version, including the one you are worried about deleting.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
johnAA35N
in reply to: jeff_strater

I experimented with copying the file after each save, so I get a fresh v1, and then delete the v2.  That way all my versions are 1, unless I forget to make a copy after each and every save.  From now on.  Hundreds of times a day....  Could that be a way to do a behind the scenes version disable?  When I click save, save a copy which would give me a v1, then delete the v2?  Is there a way to automate something like that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report