Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty hollowing out box

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Andrew_brown1
135 Views, 1 Reply

Difficulty hollowing out box

Hi all,

I am very new to CAD design work, basically only self taught over ~20 hours on things like TinkerCAD.

I am designing a box to keep components for a board game I have made. The box has gone very well and I am happy with the overall design, however it is currently solid and I would like to make it hollow to save on some resin when I print it. Ideally I would like a 2-3mm shell around all the edges with a hollow centre.

I have attempted to make a shell however the program is having difficulty with it. I have attempted to rewind through the timeline and trial at different timeslots (eg. before filleting) but that hasn't worked either.

Any suggestions to help this beginner out?

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Your tray shape, with all the fillets and thin partitions, cause a Shell of the thickness you to fail because the walls would overlap each other.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums