Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived parameter autocomplete does not work

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eSonOfAnder
141 Views, 4 Replies

Derived parameter autocomplete does not work

I found this post from 2020 of a user experiencing the same issue I am having (link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/autofill-derived-parameter-names/m-p/9468658), and the response suggests that this should work, but it does not.

1. Create a design and component
  2. Create a set of user parameters, and be sure to favorite at least one
    • Sideways related issue - it should not be necessary to favorite user parameters for derivation. When you derive parameters, it should allow you to derive all user parameters.
  3. Create a new design
  4. Derive the component created in Step 1, and include the user parameters
  5. Attempt to use one of the derived parameters as a value in a field in any of the commands.
  6. See that autocomplete does not pick up on the derived parameter name.
    • To add insult to injury, you cannot copy the parameter name from the parameters window to try and just copy/paste the name into the needed field. You are forced to type out the full, changed, parameter name.

I have attached a pair of screenshots showing the user parameters in the derived design, and then attempting to use the parameter, and the autocomplete failure.

Derived Parameter.pngParameter Unusable.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: eSonOfAnder

Hi,

create favorite 

favorite.png

günther

Message 3 of 5
eSonOfAnder
in reply to: g-andresen

Just tested this, and it is certainly a work around, but the original issue remains. At no other time do you have to mark a parameter as a favorite in order to get autocomplete to function. At best this is completely inconsistent behavior within the app. You already have to mark the parameter as a favorite in the original design in order to derive it as a parameter in the derived design. If you have already marked the parameter as a favorite once, why in the world would you be expected to do so a second time just to get the parameter to work as expected?

So there is a work around, yes, but that is not a solution, and the behavior is still broken as it exists in the current version of Fusion.

Message 4 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: eSonOfAnder

Hi,

@eSonOfAnder wrote:

So there is a work around, yes, but that is not a solution, and the behavior is still broken as it exists in the current version of Fusion.

If so, @Phil.E  will create a ticket.

günther

Message 5 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: g-andresen

This is logged as FUS-62227. I've added a link to the ticket for this post. Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report