Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Orbit Type always resets to Free Orbit.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mr.daniel.schmidt
1112 Views, 8 Replies

Default Orbit Type always resets to Free Orbit.

For Default Orbit Type Free Orbit is completely useless in my opinion. Luckily Constrained Orbit can be set instead.

What is not so lucky is the Fusion 360 resetting the Default Orbit Type whenever I create a new file, reopen Fusion 360 or change project.

That simply can't be right, what is the point of a setting if the program is going to overrule my preference?

This was all done from the most recent version.

On a side note: being able to determine install location so it's not just gonna go in AppData would have been appreciated, if you have a dedicated OS SSD, it forcing itself on there is not that cool.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @mr.daniel.schmidt 

Are you changing your default orbit type from the preferences dialog?

20190305-5.png

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 9

Yes I'm setting it through the preferences, and that is what is being reset constantly, i.e. the choice is moot for other than the current limited spectrum, as it's overridden. This results in me having to go in and constantly set it to Constrained Orbit when I work with Fusion 360. And I'm not over exaggerating here, during the last two hours I've set it 8 times, so basically every 15 minutes I do something that resets the orbiting for me.

To make it even more clear here's a gif showcasing it constantly resetting:
https://i.gyazo.com/d251ee98d34b0894485023c1e9d30fc7.mp4

I must assume that something in the preferences just isn't saving/loading right.

Message 4 of 9

@mr.daniel.schmidt 

That is strange... I haven't been able to find other examples of this. Have you tried doing a clean uninstall/reinstall?

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 9

Well yeah, this was a fresh install. Didn't affect anything.

Weirder is it seemed to stop resetting after I've started testing some renderings, I have no idea what I may have done, I doubt the problem is gone for good but at least I haven't seen it in a while.

Message 6 of 9

@mr.daniel.schmidt 

Ok - if you do see it again let me know.

Karina

Karina Harper

Message 7 of 9
czszKJ72X
in reply to: karina.harper

I have the same. The settings do not save the changes.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Message 8 of 9
awilliamwright
in reply to: czszKJ72X

The same thing is happening to me. I ignored it at first because I thought it was a bug related to me using a SpaceMouse (since it can override and use a free-orbit, which is fine when using it). However, the bug has been happening both when I'm at home with my SpaceMouse-equipped-PC and when I'm at work using a Mac with just a regular mouse and keyboard. Same full Fusion account on each. 

(I can't remember if it happens when I'm using my Macbook Air, but I have all sorts of other problems there that overshadow this, such as the trackpad switching from pan to zoom bug that many people have experienced)

Message 9 of 9

I've been having the same issues, except with constrained orbit. For some reason that I have yet to identify, Fusion will just randomly keep switching from free orbit to constrained orbit. I keep resetting preferences back to free orbit, and Fusion keeps randomly switching it back to constrained. I too am using a spacemouse. I haven't noticed if there is a specific trigger that I'm doing that causes this or not, I just know that several times a day it switches on me. Very annoying

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums