Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal to an curved screen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vigan
925 Views, 7 Replies

Decal to an curved screen

Dear Fusion 360 Forum,

I have been trying to add an image to an wide curved screen (see the attached) by using the Decal feature, but finding it very hard to achieve this.

The curved object is just a concept for a project I'm involved with where it represents the computer screen.

Does anyone know how to attach an image to the screen or any other way to achieve this?

Thank you in advance

Vigan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: vigan

@vigan, what is not working with Decal?  Does it not attach to the face at all?  One thing to be aware of:  Decal will distort the image when applied to a curved surface.  So, you will need a pre-distorted image if you want the result to look right.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 8
jhackney1972

It is a pretty straight forward process.  You did not supply your model so I cannot test on it.  I created a curved surface and added a decal to the surface.  Take a look at the screencast.

Decal on Curved Surface.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 8
vigan
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

My apologies, I did not describe the type of a curved screen, It is a curved screen and in an angle.

The Decal does attach to the face but not in a correct way, please see the animation attached, the step file and a couple of images

Message 5 of 8
mika.takalo

Yes...I found this same problem. Not possible to adjust on dual curved surface, just like teacup face. Normal cylinder surface it works fine, but not on dual curved surfaces.

Message 6 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: mika.takalo

I do not see any issue with adjusting a Decal on a multiple curved surface.  Animated GIF will show this.

Adjusting Decal.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8
mika.takalo
in reply to: jhackney1972

Align that logo according to upper edge. Can you do it?

Message 8 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: mika.takalo

Or course not, the logo is rectangular.  If it was created on a curve, then it would be no issue.  You statement was "Not possible to adjust on dual curved surface, just like teacup face" which is not true.  Special cases, sure, but that is not what you said.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report