Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Panel Problems

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
billjii
1414 Views, 24 Replies

Data Panel Problems

The data panel is zoomed to large and there is no control options at the top, the scroll bar is missing and the project list is to wide, cutting off the right side with the version number. . This happened today (5/16/2024) with the latest update.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

@billjii @Can you please try logout/close/launch and log back in? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 25
ecb3dp
in reply to: billjii

I have this issue as well. I updated to the most current update today hoping it would be fixed and it is still too large and when i hover my cursor over the files then click once it highlights the folder above. So to choose my file, i have to hover somewhere below my file to get it to highlight.

Very annoying and has been this way for a few days now. I have closed and opened it at least 8 times since this has started. I am trying to work around it but it is annoying and shouldn't be this way.

Message 4 of 25

I have done that twice and no change. I have another computer with Fusion installed and it works without problems. There is something wrong with the video drivers for my main computer. I am about to uninstall Fusion and then download the program again to see if that fixes the problem.

Message 5 of 25
billjii
in reply to: ecb3dp

You and I are having the exact same problem. I wonder how many others have been affected like this with the latest update. I plan to uninstall and then reinstall the program, next week, to see if that fixes the problem. I will be surprised if it makes any difference. 

Message 6 of 25
ecb3dp

I do wish someone had a solution as I have to close Fusion to go back to a parent file as i cannot click on the parent file in the Data Window..... 

I am running a laptop with Windows 10 and I assume a built-in video processor. 

Message 7 of 25

@ecb3dp @Do you mind adding an image or a quick video of what you are experiencing, please? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 8 of 25

Fusion360.jpg

Message 9 of 25
billjii
in reply to: ecb3dp

This is exactly what is wrong on my computer.

Message 10 of 25

@billjii @ecb3dp @@Thanks for the image. So couple of things to try and I will check with the engineering team as well, but on the toolbars if you right lol you get an option to reset toolbar layout. Does that option help to reset this? 

The data panel show/hide does that work in this situation and if it does , does that help to address the problem? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 11 of 25

I am unsure what "right lol" means. I have tried right clicking, left clicking. Opening and closing. Restarting. I tried looking for settings but unfortunately I have no idea where the system settings are. I went to school for SolidWorks and find that more user friendly, but I cannot justify a personal license, especially since Fusion was free. For free software it was good. But now that I have to pay for a license I hope that customer service is at least decent.

Sorry if I come off as crabby, I just assumed I would have found a solution by now. 

Message 12 of 25

@ecb3dp @I am not in front of my machine to post a screen grab but I did mean to say right click and in the above post. 

in the toolbar on the top where you have the solid, mesh etc anywhere in that space right click and you will see a reset layout. This is the one I wanted to see if it works for you. 

In the same to the left of File menu you see the square icon , that is the show hide data panel.  See if clicking on it resets the data panel. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 13 of 25

I have closed the panel several times since this issue.

When I right click it shows the "Reset Panel" in grey, meaning it has not been changed and is already ""original". I click on the grey lettering and nothing happens as it is not clickable if it is stock already.

Message 14 of 25
galshemesh

Same here. Just updated to the recent build and the left panel got broken and now appears in low resolution, while the rest of Fusion 360 appears correctly. This also causes the mouse cursor to behave in wrong offset too, which makes it almost impossible to navigate and click around in the left pane.

Message 15 of 25

@galshemesh @billjii @ecb3dp @@@Can each of you please share your graphics card detail? Also please check if they are the latest drivers ? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 16 of 25

Sure, I'm using the the motherboard's built-in graphic card which is Intel HD Graphics 530.  Attached screenshot:

Graphic Driver.png

While the driver is from 2019, it worked well before the recent Fusion 360 update. I can try to update it to a recent one, though I don't think that it is the case, because as I said, it worked flawlessly before.

Message 17 of 25

@galshemesh @A lot of tools that we use to build Fusion are also updated which requires updated graphics. So it could still be graphics and older drivers. Please let us know once you have updated it if it works as expected. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 18 of 25

Ok. I searched for a more updated driver and downloaded the one from this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-window...

Graphic Driver.png

First it didn't work, but then I re-install it and ticked the 'Execute a clean installation' option which removes old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default value, and then found that it actually solved the problem.

Thanks

Message 19 of 25

@galshemesh Glad that the reinstall of the driver helped. If the update of driver did not help I was going to suggest the reinstall of the driver. 

@billjii @ecb3dp Can you please uninstall the driver and update it to the latest please and let us know? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 20 of 25

I wouldn't have thought there was a new update for my Intel Drivers as we updated on 5/4/2024. But apparently that was the problem. It was just so strange as it worked in the morning, then didn't in the afternoon. And there was another Fusion update after the problem started.

SO a big thank you is earned. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report