Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylindrical extrude

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
hallouk
230 Views, 4 Replies

Cylindrical extrude

Hi Guys

As you see in the pic. I want to extrude or try to create a shape on a cylindrical component in Fusion360.

Any advice or suggestions?

PS: I already tried with Project View, but it is not working

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: hallouk

Thanks for the image.  I'm not sure exactly what final 3D result you are hoping for, but likely Emboss is the way to get there.  Emboss lets you wrap a sketch profile around a surface, so it seems applicable.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
g-andresen

Hi,

here´s one way

günther

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling

There's no need to project the sketch. I find it easier to create an offset plane for the sketch then set Start to Object and select the cylindrical surface the just set a distance to extrude.

HughesTooling_0-1698422268202.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: g-andresen

Guenther,

I really like your method.  You can have your slot two ways, so the side are on vanishing point slot to the center of the cylinder or by adding two simple lines to the sketch, you can make the sides perpendicular to the center plane.  Model attached to show what I mean.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report