Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Component Colour, small bug.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HughesTooling
202 Views, 5 Replies

Cycle Component Colour, small bug.

Noticed Cycle Component Colour is not working on patterned copies. You can see below all the fingers were pink the same as the longer insert. I used Cycle Component Colour to change the colour of the fingers but only one changes on the screen, all have the new colour in the browser. I'm sure if I save, close then reopen it'll be correct but thought I'd report what happens if used with a pattern.New.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

This is still a bug 3 years later, and a very irritating one at times. Any time there are multiple instances of a component be it from patterning or copy/paste actions , cycling component colour for them changes the colour for all in the browser, but all the actual components take on individual colours. fusioncycle1.PNG

Message 3 of 6

Wow.  Good find.  I did not believe it, so I tried it, and sure enough, it only changes one instance.  I agree it should change all instances, in keeping with the goals of Component Color Cycling.  Thanks for reporting it.  I will create a bug for this.

[edit] bug FUS-108140 created for this.  I did notice that the problem is only for the current session.  On reload, the problem goes away.  @HughesTooling , I apologize for not seeing this at the time you reported it.  It was June, my guess is I was away on vacation...  😊

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 6

By current session o you mean logging out and back in or just an app restart? 

Message 5 of 6

not even that.  In my (admittedly simple) test, I found that saving/closing the model and re-opening it made the colors of all instances consistent again.  Try it, and let me know if it does not fix the problem for you.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 6

Hello @HughesTooling 
I just wanted to let you know that this has now been fixed and will be in the September release.
Thank you so much for letting us know of this issue and thank you for your support and patience.

Have a great day

Fixed in FUS-108140 

Samuel Temple

Senior Software QA Engineer

(samuel.temple@autodesk.com)

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

As a Autodesk Fusion Insider, you will have early access to next official version of Autodesk Fusion, several weeks before it is released to the general public.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report