Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a constrained section view that intersects an internal holes center line. (compound angle hole detailing)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rrodriguezF5XQ6
120 Views, 5 Replies

Create a constrained section view that intersects an internal holes center line. (compound angle hole detailing)

I have a manifold block with many holes at compound angles.  I need to make a section views that precisely intersects the centerline of the internal holes so it will dimension in its section view.  If it doesn't go though the centerline of the hole the dimension tool will not see the feature.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

please share the file for reply

File > export > save as f3d on local drive > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 6

The section line I need to constrain is section ac-ac on the last page.  It is off the drawing on the right.  The hole I need sectioned is in the middle of the part and it's a compound angle.  

Message 4 of 6

You have attached your model but your description of the section line you need is referring to a 2D Drawing.  You need to take a screen capture of it as you only supplied the 3D model to show where you need the section placed.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 6

I am unable to dimension the compound angle hole unless the section goes through the centerline of the mentioned hole.

I wonder why the drawing wasn't included with the fusion archive file.

If there is a way for us to spend some time in a video or screen share?  I'm open to that if you are.

Kind regards

Robert

Message 6 of 6

Here is a screen shot of the hole orientation I need to detail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report