Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert mesh

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
applewelding2
91 Views, 4 Replies

Convert mesh

Hello, I'm not sure if I need to upgrade my computer in order for this to work. I have a CNC mill i was wanting to use for this item but it keeps crashing before I can make it a solid model. Should i try and upgrade my computer? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I believe you should e able to machine this .stl directly without having to convert it into a solid.

@seth.madore or @HughesTooling should be able to answer this.

Due to the number of triangles, converting this directly into a solid will likely always fail.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @TrippyLighting for tagging me!

@applewelding2 yep, you can directly program most STL files with all of the 3D toolpaths, as they are "model aware" and recognize the STL body type. The 2D toolpaths are a no-go for the most part...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: applewelding2

And here's your file back with some sample toolpaths. We CAN get a 2D Contour to work to profile the outside by using the "Silhouette" option of detecting contours. 

2024-04-01_15h31_53.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
applewelding2
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you for the help. This is the first bigger project I've tried. Most of what I make are simple parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report